The School Counseling Program at Charles City Elementary School consists of three main areas: Academic Development, Personal & Social Development, and Career Development for students in grades PK-6. These areas of focus help to prepare our students for success in school and to help them develop skills that will help them become productive and responsible citizens. Visit Virginia Department of Education for more details on the State Standards for School Counselors.
Meet Our Counselor
CCES School Counselor
School Counseling Services Offered at CCES
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Character Education Programs
- Playing an integral part of the total education program
- Collaborating with other educators, parents, community members, and professionals to promote and obtain the best possible learning environment for our students
- Advocate for students
- Assist students in transitioning to the high school
Students will acquire skills essential to their academic success in school and beyond. This is accomplished by participating in lessons on student skills, motivation, communication, test taking skills, and time management and organization skills.
Personal and Social Development
Students will acquire an understanding of respect for themselves and the world around them. Additionally, students will learn and practice the characteristics of a responsible citizen. This will be accomplished by learning about bullying, character education, self-discipline, goal setting, dangers of substance abuse, and dealing with conflict.